Joe St Pierre - Venom Shark

2019-04-06 New Jersey Collectors Fest, Secaucus, NJ

I had gone to this show with the idea of obtaining a sketch from Joe St Pierre related to his recent book, Great White Shark Adventure, written by James O Fraioli, published as part of the Fabian Cousteau Expedition series. Joe had mentioned that recently he had several requests for Venom sharks, so he asked if it was okay to continue with the theme. I thought that was great idea.  My thoughts were leaning toward an steampunk shark, or an octopus with a topcoat, monocle, Edwardian collar, walking stick(s).... Joe's idea was perfect. I did a search when I got home and found a couple of other Venom Sharks Joe had drawn.
The book is a very informative and reminiscent of the animated show on television that teach about the world and nature. Beautifully done and well written. If you were afraid of shark before reading the book, you will have a better understanding of their nature.

However, the Venom shark does not calm my fears of going into the ocean!

Comments