Blackhawks Aviation and Jack Follows


I had an early love of flying from reading comics featuring the Blackhawks and Enemy Ace. I always enjoyed the additional pages that provided technical information about the planes. I never became a pilot, but I still enjoy comics about air and space adventures. There was an cachet artist named Jack Follows, whose cachet I also enjoyed. I thought about creating a series of comic aviation cachets using the style that Jack Follows used. The above cachet features the Grumman (mis-spelled on the cachet) F5F-1 Skyrocket used by DC Comics' Blackhawks from 1941-1949. The cachet is based on the Jack Follows cachet below, right down to the plane being shot down in the background


Jack Follows (1927-1997) was an English cachet artist, who provided hand drawn cachets, which became very popular with collectors. Follows was known for his cartoon like cachets which combined the themes of women, aviation and comic characters. An article was published in the hobby publication First Days March 2009 pigs 57-58.

When his drawing hit the market, they are usually considerable priced and prized
a few internet finds of Jack Follows cachets


Comments