Arthur Adams - Space Girl

2015.04.11 East Coast Comic Con, Secaucus, NJ

Arthur Adams, a self-rtaught artist, has been a fan favorite for is highly distinctive and detailed artwork. He gained popularity pencilling the critically acclaimed Longshot limited series, written by Ann Nocenti, published by Marvel Comics in 1985...

Adams has served in roles as penciller, cover artist and writer for many of the more popular titles including Batman, Spider-Man, Superman, X-Men, Godzilla, Rocketeer, Danger Girl, Excalibur, Hulk, Red Sonja, Avengers, Green Lantern and many others...

Adams launched his creator owned, written and drawn series Monkyman and O'Brian in 1993 with Dark Horse Comics Legend imprint.

Looking over Adams artwork I was not sure what I should ask for, I was leaning toward the Space Girl idea from a previous piece I had seen.  I was at the East Coast Con, helping at the Hospice table, which was next to Adams' table. I saw his Creature from the Black Lagoon, which was great. I kept looking over thinking do I dare cut into the long line that form and change my request. I was lucky enough to be first on his commission list. His line of admirer's never stopped coming. I held my ground and awaited by Space Girl...

Damn is she beautiful !!!  I am sure I would have been impressed with anything he drew...

Comments