Karl Slominski - Astronaut

2018-04-28 East Coast Comic Con, Secaucus, NJ

After I obtain the sketches I had planned for a specific convention, I walk the room to look for unexpected surprises. Karl Slominski gave me the wow feeling. His con banner featured a skeleton astronaut, which grabbed my attention. I explained my collection and asked if he would be able to reproduce the astronaut, which was very detailed. I appreciate the detail Karl was able to provide in a small sketch.

Karl Slominski is a graphic novelist and an alumni of the Joe Kubert School of Cartooning and Graphic Arts. His work has been featured in a wide rate of cartooning and illustrative outlets, including the graphic novels Golgotha (written by Andrew Harrison), Run Like Hell (written by Jeff Dixon) and Ashes: A Firefighter's Tale (written by Mario Candelabra) Tad Caldwell and the Monster Kid (written by Kurt Amacker). His recent works include his creator-owned comic book series Star Child, Fixer and the graphic novel Teeter Topple.

Slominski has also worked in the film industry, notably for the horror anthology The Mortuary Collection from Trap Door Pictures

@KidReverie

Comments