Gary Fields - Rugrats

2013.03.31 Asbury Park Comic Con, Asbury Park, NJ

I had previously received a sketch from Gary of Huckleberry Hound. On his table he had several dailies from the Rugrats comic strip he had been involved with. When I got home I thought the next time I came across him at a show I would obtain a Rugrats sketch. Since both my boys are soccer players, having Tommy kicking a soccer ball seemed the perfect idea.

Rugrats was created by Arlene Klasky, Gabor Csupo and Paul Germain for Nickelodeon television, premiering in 1991. Tommy Pickles is the prominent character from the series, who carries a screw-driver in his diaper for emergencies ( probably a Dr Who fan).

The comic strip started it's run in 1998 through Creators Syndicate up through 2003. There were several writers and artists involved with the production of the strip, with Gary Fields providing pencils and lettering.

When my boys were young we regularly watched Rugrats, and as I look back I probably enjoyed the show more than they did...

No post last week as we were in Montreal for a short vacation, which included a visit to Stade Saputo to watch the Montreal Impact v DC United soccer game...

Comments