Charles Paul Wilson III - Pooh's On First

2018.07.08 Garden State Comic Fest, Morristown, NJ

As a fan of Abbott and Costello, I had been looking for someone to draw a Frankenstein Meets AC. Then i taught it would be great to obtain a sketch related to the routine "Who's On First". Which is still one of the greatest comedy routines ever!

Then it hit me - "Pooh's On First!"

Why hadn't I thought of this before (this is where I smack myself in the head!). Charles Paul Wilson III was the perfect artist for this. If you ever saw Charles at an event you know he uses the Pooh character in many of his works. I had to wait it bit before Charles was at an event I was attending. Charles accepted the challenge to draw a baseball related Poh character.  Pooh is dressed in an early style uniform with the round painters style cap (See Willie Stargell - Pirates c.1970s)

Thanks to Charles Paul Wilson III for his great style...

Comments