Fernando Ruiz - Cosmo - Animal Jam

2018.07.08 Garden State Comic Fest, Morristown, NJ

Animal Jam is an online virtual world launched in 2010 by WildWorks and the National Geographic Society. Players discover various facts about zoology. The popularity of the on-line game has launched other media products including shirts, notebooks, playlets, plush figures.

In 2017 Dynamite comics released a 4 book mini-series of comic books written and drawn by Fernando Ruiz and Eric Esquivel (this includes #0 a Free Comic Book Day publication).

When I came across the FCBD copy at my local store, I had to grab it because first there was a koala on the cover and second because it was by Fernando.

My wife does not know Fernando, but she loves koalas. Given the choice of me or a koala, it would be the koala. I knew Fernando would be at a local show, so I went on eBay to look for a first day cover that featured a koala stamp and kept an eye open for Fernando's appearance. I am posting the cover this week, as Nancy birthday is in a few days, so this is for her. (cheap gift)

There are several main Alphas that oversee the Animal Jam community which includes:
Liza the Panda (leader); Greely the Wolf (animal magic); Graham the Monkey (Inventor); Sir Gilbert the Tiger (warrior), Peck the Rabbit (non-conformist); Cosmo the Koala (expert herbalist), Tavi the Dolphin


Comments