Daniel Roman - Frank

2015.11.07 Superheros for Hospice, Livingston, NJ

Daniel Roman is a free-lance artist, whose work has been influenced by comic books, movies, cartoons, video games, anime and music. He goes by the name Onidarko.
I noticed a sketch of Courage the Cowardly Dog in his portfolio, which led to his showing me his tattoo of Courage and telling me how much he enjoyed the show. Courage has always been one of my favorite cartoons as well...

I also noticed his sketch of Frank, from the movie Donnie Darko. Roman has been heavily influenced by this movie, while I had yet to see it.  My son, Matt, was helping at the Hospice and standing by my side while I spoke with Daniel. When he heard I had not seen Donnie Darko he could not believe it. I will get my chance.

Since Daniel and Matt had both spoken very highly of this movie, I took this opportunity to have Daniel provide me with a sketch of Frank on an Arctic Hare FDC.

From IMDB: Donnie Darko is plagued by visions of a large bunny rabbit that manipulates him to commit a series of crimes, after narrowly escaping a bizarre accident. Starring Jake Gyllenhaal, Jena Malone, Mary McDonnell.. written and directed by Richard Kelly....

Comments