Rodney Ramos - Doctor Who

2012.03.31 NY Comic Book Marketplace, NYC
Rodney Ramos has been a professional comic book artist, penciling for Marvel, DC Comics, Valiant, Acclaim and various other publishers on titles such as Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, 52, X-Men, Spiderman, Ironman, Transmetropolitan, Hellblazer, JSA...

I usually try to have a plan of artists and sketch ideas when going to a show, however on occasion I make an unexpected find while looking around the convention. I passed Ramos' booth twice looking for specific artists. On the third pass I noticed his posted drawings of David Tennant and Matt Smith as Doctor Who...(Dr. Who theme starts playing in my head)...

I had picked up some first day covers celebrating the 21st century, the year 2000. The stamp features baby  New Year celebrating the New Year. Like a time lord this child will grow until the following December when he fades from sight to be replaced by a new baby New Year. I liked this concept and requested a David Tennant Doctor Who sketch...(theme music is still playing)...

David Tennant portrayed the 10th Doctor from 2005-2010...

Comments