Richard Comely - Captain Canuck

 

Captain Canuck by Richard Comely - Space Discovery FDC
2022-07-09 Garden State Comic Fest, Morristown, NJ

I have not been to a comic show/con since NYCC last October. When I read that Richard Comely, creator of Captain Canuck was going to be at the show, I knew I was going to go and obtain an autograph

Captain Canuck had been honored on a Canadian stamp in 2002, along with Superman, Nelvana, Johnny Canuck and Fleur deLys. When I handed Mr Comely the cover for his signature he mentioned that there was too little space to draw a proper image. Although I did not come to the show planning on obtaining a sketch, I did bring a few covers with me. We choose the Space Discoveries FDC from 1998, as the stamp had a science fiction feel to it

Richard Comely, is a Canadian comic book creator, artist, penciller, inker, letterer, publisher, editor.....
He created and wrote the Captain Canuck comic book series in 1975. In 2012 Comely entered into a licensing agreement for Chapterhouse Comics to produce animation, merchandise and a continuing comic book series

Captain Canuck's first appearance, 1975 was published by Comely Comix, Winnipeg, Manitoba. The story follows Tom Evans, a Canadian secret agent who gained superhuman strength from contact with extraterrestrials
Iron Man 2007 FDC postmarked with a Captain Canuck stamp, signed by Richard Comely

It was a pleasure to meet Mr Comely and had a nice conversation with him and his table mate - Fadi Hakim. I always enjoy going to a convention, where the artists are accessible and friendly to work with

Comments