George Vega - Catwoman



George Vega is an illustrator based in New Jersey, and has provided me with beautiful work in the past, a Xenomorph from Alien. Since Lee Meriwether, Catwoman from the 1966 Batman film, I had decided to obtain an autograph, but it had to be on a sketch first day cover. I knew George would provide an excellent sketch. We both decided on a traditional Catwoman outfit as the best choice.

Lee Merewether served as Miss America in 1955. She had some very well known roles in television including Buddy Ebsen's assistant in Barnaby Jones; as Lily Munster on the 1980s remake The Munsters Today; and as Dr Ann MacGregor in The Time Tunnel...

Comments

UncleRandy said…
I just spent the last 2 days looking through your collection. Bravo! You have some great FDC sketches! You have many sketches from people on my bucket list. I have getting fdc sketches for a few years and just found your blog. Do you have any good sources for blank FDC? Ebay is always a craps shoot and Most of them have cachet.
RRobinson said…
Thanks for taking the time to look through the collection. I usually service my own covers, which I have done since the 1980s. I also purchase from the USPS for current issues or local stamp shows and eBay. It can be difficult finding the right subject matter, but that becomes part of the challenge. Including kicking myself for missing out on a specific sketch because I didn't have the FDC on hand.