Matthew Clark - Star Trek Mugato

2018.02.10 WinterCon, East Brunswick, NJ

Prior to the show, I had looked through some of the commissions that Matthew Clark had done. Lots of Batman and Wonder Woman. Both good choices, but I get a lot of artists who want to draw them, so my preference has been to ask for villains, since they are more interesting. I asked my usual question, what would you like to draw. Matthew's response, "When I am asked to draw what I like, you will get a tribble."

I came back with I have Star Trek! - I handed over the envelope and Matthew perked up saying he already knew what to draw, but did not tell me. When I returned I was pleasantly surprised to see the Mugato, a simian-like creature with white fur, a rhino horn and sharp fangs. The character appeared in A Private Little War season 2, episode 19.

Mathew Clark originates from Portland, Oregon. A long -time fans f comics, he has had the pleasure of drawing for many of his favorite titles, including Superman, Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Vampirella, Ghost Rider, Doom Patrol, Outsiders and others

He is also one of the founders of Mercury Studios (Periscope Studios)

Comments