Joe Wigfield - Conductor Pug

2017.11.19 NJ Comic Expo, Edison, NJ

While I was looking over Joe's booth, I noticed a trend of Pug art. Pug Iron Man, Pug Captain America, Pug Ragnaruff, Pug Batman..you get the idea...

It seems Joe has a Pug and it's his inspiration. So I requested a sketch of a Pug, in any incarnation that Joe could think of. I picked the Owney mascot of the Railway Mail Service first day cover. Joe and his wife looked up the story of Owney, a stray who traveled the rails in the Post Office cars. The postal workers adopted and cared for him as he traveled around the country. Check out the Smithsonian site for more info here

I thought Joe was going to sketch a superhero, but he read the story and changed the idea to a Pug train conductor. Excellent idea, Thank you Joe...

Comments