Jae Lee

2017.11.18 NJ Comic Expo, Edison, NJ

Jae Lee has provided work for Marvel Comic, DC Comics, Image Comics and Dynamite Entertainment working on titles such as Action Comics, Batman: Jekyll & Hyde, Fables, Superman, The Darkenss: Prelude, WildC.A.T.s, Hellshock, Witchblade, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk & Thing, Spider-Man, Transformers/GI Joe and many others...

I was looking forward to obtaining a sketch from Jae, but was not sure what I should request. I did my usual and asked what he would like to draw. His response was he liked to draw monsters. I offered the Star Trek envelope and Jae immediately knew what he wanted to do...

When I went back to his booth to pick up the cover he handed me a Gorn. The Gorn appeared in 1967, Star Trek season 1, episode 18 The Arena. When 2 ships enter a guarded sector of space by the Metrons, they beam the captains of both ships to the surface of an unnamed planet. Here the Gorn, a reptilian creature, fights Captain Kirk in a trial by combat...

Comments