Jerry Ordway

2017.11.18 NJ Comic Expo, Edison, NJ

Although I have been a fan of Superman since I was small, I do not have many Superman sketches. When I had the chance to meet Jerry Ordway, I had to jump at the opportunity. I expected to wait, so I tried to get an early spot on his line.

Ordway was more than generous with his time, with each fan that requested a sketch. Although this made the wait fairly long, it was understandable as you knew when your turn came, he would take his time with you as well. He was very pleasant and drew sketches that went well beyond the expected Superman requests...

Jerry Ordway is a writer, penciller, inker and painter. His work includes DC Comics Crisis on Infinite Earths (1985-1986), Superman titles (1986-1993) the Captain Marvel graphic novel The Power of Shazam! (1994) and the ongoing monthly Captain marvel series (1995-1999)

Ordway has also provided cover and art for Warp Graphics, AC Comics, Charlton Comics, paragon Publications, Eclipse Comics, Image Comics (Wildstar), First Comics (Grimjack) as well as Marvel comics Fantastic Four, The Avengers and US Agent.

Ordway received the Inkpot Award in 1994, and the Inkwell Joe Sinnott Hall of Fame Award in 2017

Comments