Bob C Hardin

2016.07.10 Garden State Comic Fest, Morristown, NJ

I have had the pleasure of meeting Bob C Hardin a couple of times, each picking up a nice sketch in return.  I used to enjoy the old DC Comics war comics, especially Enemy Ace or any other story that involved World War I era biplanes. I was a Kickstarter backer of Epics  (from Marques, Hardin, Redvio and Ruiz), so when I saw an issue of Epics 2 on Hardin table and it had a biplane in battle, I had to ask for a sketch.

Bob's main focus in art is hot rods, and his story in Epics 2 takes his lead, Rat Rod Daddy's Daughter, from the Epics 1 story and puts her in a situation where she is traumatized over an ancient fighter plane piloted by the German Ace Baron Rittmeister von Kamphert attacking her father during World War II.  The cover of Epics 2 show the biplane in action against the pinned down American soldiers...

On the Eddie Rickenbacker cover Bob has drawn a different version of a battle in which Rickenbackers plane is attacking the crazed visage of von Kamphert.
Capt Eddie Rickenbacker was  a World War I ace with 26 victories, and was awarded the Medal of Honor..

signed copy of Epics 2

Comments