Criss Madd - Marvin the Martian

2016.04.03 Jersey Shore Comic Con, Toms River, NJ

Hard to believe that in all my requests for astronauts and Mars Attacks sketches, I had never requested one of my favorite cartoon characters, Marvin the Martian.
While I was looking over Criss' art work I was very inspired, but a majority of his work was fantasy and monsters. He had a great Frankenstein drawing, but I did not have anymore Franksnestein covers to use..

Criss mentioned he did some work on a new toy line that had monster-astronaut characters, called Hell Screamers, you can see his work on Hell Screamers on his Facebook page... Criss has provided the pencils for the Kickstarter project New Cairo, written and created by Bradley Golden and Alex Barranco... Criss also provided sketch covers for the Kickstarter project Until We Sleep...

I left the Project Mercury first day cover and ask Criss to do whatever he felt like...and Marvin the Martian was his choice..

Marvin first appeared in the 1948 Looney Tunes cartoon "Haredevil Hare", and was created by Chuck Jones. He mission is to destroy the earth with the aid of his trusty companion K-9, his army of instant martians and the Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator...

Comments