Nick Justus - Enemy Ace

2015.10.03 Dewey's Comic City, Madison, NJ

Nick Justus was promoting his newest publication Mantasy, written by Jon Carroll, colors by Juanchoo..during his Nick Justus Does New Jersey Tour...

A graduate of the Kubert School, Nick had a fantastic portrait of Joe Kubert on his DeviantArt page. With this in mind I asked Nick to draw Enemy Ace - Hans von Hammer, created by Kubert and Robert Kanigher in 1965 first appearing in Our Army At War #151. I had the chance to meet Joe Kubert, but he was not doing sketches at the time only signing books. I would have loved to obtain an Enemy Ace sketch, but I was able to have him sign a collected edition of Enemy Ace stories...
I choose the Eddie Rickenbacker cover to compliment Enemy Ace, both World War I aces, representing different side of the battle, although one is fictional...


Currently a penciller/inker at Bluewater Comics, Nick has previously worked Devil's Due...


Comments