Hon-Bun Leung - TMNT

2014.08.23 Garden State Comic Fest, Morristown, NJ
"Leonardo"

When I first researched Leung prior to the show, I was taken by a drawing he did of the Mutant Ninja Turtles. The print featured the four current Turtles, but Leung was reluctant to draw them and offered the original design as his preference. I totally agreed that the original Turtles were the best..

When I went back to pick up my cover I noticed a print by Leung that was great and didn't even realize his shirt had the same design -  Hello Kitty as Buzz Lightyear.. It was awesome. Next time I see Leung I know what I have to request...

The Turtles were created by Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman in 1984 through their Mirage Studios before making a big splash in cartoons and movies, as well as giving life to many copy-cat titles...

Comments