Michal Brodka - the Batman

2014.05.24 Woodbridge Comic Fest, Woodbridge, NJ

Outdoor festivals always run the risk of bad weather. When I arrived at the Woodbridge Fest, there were 5 vendors set up. Larry Hama, Michal Brodka, Vanessa Seixas, a candle seller, robotics and a musician, along with a few cos-players. the threat of bad weather had kept many of the comic book vendors away...

I give credit to those who did brave the potential for rain (we all know what happens when comics and water mix)!

I was looking over the art at Michal and Vanessa's booth and taken in by both of their work. Michal had some amazing engraved and screen prints. Since I try to keep my collecting to first day covers, and there were only 3 artists are the fest I asked Michal if he would be willing to provide me with a sketch. His response was low key "sure". When I asked what his preference in drawing might be his response - "anything dark"... I love that kind of response!

Michal provided me with a quick Batman, that does not give full credit to his talent. His engravings are gorgeous.. From his Youtube video bio - Michal is one half of Celestial Bodies, a galactic collaboration between himself and the music artist Ruined Machines. I have been listening to them while writing this, excellent prog rock...

Check out Michal's work at his facebook page and RSI apparel...

Comments