Katie Cook - Star Wars

2013.04.06 Comic Geek Speak Supershow, Reading, Pa

While I was looking over Katie Cook's table I was taken in by all the really small cute mini paintings she had available. I kept going through my covers trying to decide what to choose, Supergirl, Batgirl, Tinkerbell, lots of images with tiny hearts, cats and other animals. Then I saw the mini Jawa  and the mini Boba Fett from Star Wars and my mind was set. After explaining what I was looking for Cook quickly said Jabba the Hut and the carbonite Han Solo. Without hesitation she went to work. Cook's mini paintings are wonderful,  she even made Jabba look cute!

Cook has done licensing work for DC, Marvel, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, My Little Pony, Fraggle Rock and others..... Cook is also the writer for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic...

Cook has provided the cover for Hellheim by Cullen Bunn, Joelle Jones and Nick Filardi, draws and writer a web-comic Gronk a Monster's story, has a terrific Cursed Pirate Girl pin-up on her website. A grouping of her mini paintings can also be seen on her website (I purchased the Koala for my wife!) You can not walk away from her table without feeling happy!

As for the Supershow...I was surprised by the low turn-out on Saturday, as it featured an excellent group of creators. Anyone unable to attend missed out on an excellent opportunity to meet some of the top names in the industry...Timothy Truman, Joe Staton, Fred Hembeck, Tom Raney, JK Woodward, Jamal Igle, Erica Schultz, Dawn Griffin, Nick Makoviak, Art Baltazar, Franco, Ian Glaubinger, Don Smith, Andrew Charipar, Dave Wachter, Chris Flick, Mike Norton, Jim Califiore, Rudy Nebres (I am amazed he doesn't get more of a crowd at his table - he is excellent!), Julian Lytle, Danielle Corsetto, Scott Derby, Mark Mariano, Tom King and others I did not get to... I am glad I had the opportunity to attend, great job guys!!!

Comments