Joe Orsak - Mia Hamm

2012.11.11 Albany Comic Con, Albany, NY - Mia Hamm pencil sketch

When I read the guest list for the Albany Comic Con, I recognized the name Joe Orsak. I had previously obtained a quick sketch of Elektra from Joe during a comic book and baseball card show at the Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY in 1992. While I was looking over his site Master Graphics I noted Orsak's work on sports related postal event covers. I thought this would be a great opportunity to obtain a sketch of US Women's Soccer star Mia Hamm on a 1996 Olympic Cover.
I had originally gone to the show, in 1992, to obtain autographs of the 1969 New York Mets and had hoped to meet Todd MacFarlane, but the line at his table was so long, I think there are a few people still waiting. Besides Orsak, I obtained a sketch of The Thing from Tom Morgan, who had worked as a penciller, inker and cover artist for Marvel Comics on Captain America, Punisher 2099 and Iron Man, as well as Action Comics and The Adventures of Superman for DC Comics...

and Jordan Raskin, who started his career in the 90s drawing "Predator: Race War" for Dark Horse Comics and "Ripclaw" for Top Cow, along with Tomb of Terror, Batman, Negative Burn, Spider-Man, Blood of Kali and other titles. Raskin has since moved on to animation working on "Courage the Cowardly Dog" as well as "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles"... Predator by Raskin

Since tomorrow is home opening day for the NY Redbulls 2013 season and I will be at the game, I will complete this post with a recent acquisition of a hand painted World Cup Soccer FDC by Don Thompson...


Comments