Bill Ellis - Dr. Horrible

2011.11.05 Wild Pig Comic Con, Somerset, NJ
Dr. Horrible - Science and Technology FDC

Bill Ellis writes the web-comic All New Issues with Dani O'Brien, and provides the art as well. The strip looks at relationships, being poor, the comic book industry, gaming through the eyes of a few flawed individuals...

When I got to Bill's table I was thumbing through his sketch cards, when I was struck by his rendition of Dr. Horrible, from Joss Whedon's 2008 web-based Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, featuring Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother) as Dr. Horrible, Nathan Fillion (Firefly) as Captain Hammer and Felicia Day (Buffy) as Penny their shared love-interest. Without hesitation I requested a sketch from Bill...

This drawing was one of those special treats. I didn't have any expectations going in, I was not looking for this and I did not know what to expect... I was not disappointed, an excellent sketch!

When I first discovered Dr. Horrible, I thought it was great. Excellent concept 3-acts each around 15 minutes only available on the internet. It was brilliant, fun and who knew Harris could sing!

2009 - Dark Horse Comics issued a one-shot Dr. Horrible comic, available with 2 variant covers, credited to Zack Whedon, writer, Joelle Jones, pencils, Dan Jackson, colorist, Kristian Donaldson, covers...

Comments