2011 Wizard Comic Con - NYC

2001.05.22 Wizard Comic Con, New York...

Matt and I attended Wizard's Big Apple Comic Con this weekend. I usually go with a list of artists that are supposed to be there and work out which cover and what type of drawing I would like. Unfortunately two of the top five artists on my list did not show up, and a third was way out of my price range $$$3-figures for a bust/head shot. I can at least say I was in the same room and said hello...

Two others I was looking for were Sara Richard and Daxiong, from whom I obtained beautiful sketches..Sara coming up tomorrow, Daxiong, next Friday...We had a good morning at the Con, met some interesting people and great artists...

The above signed page is from Vertigo Comics Neil Young's Greendale signed by artist Cliff Chiang..I was not able to obtain a sketch on cover, as his dance-card was full, and this was 10:30 AM on Sunday...He must have had a very busy Saturday...

Phil Ortiz was also in attendance, from the Simpsons TV series and comic books (Bongo Comics). Matt had himself Simpsonized, and Phil did an excellent job, check it out on Matt's Page. He shared a table with Phil Yeh who had us in stitches with his stories...
Phil Ortiz - Simpsons TV series and Comic books

Comments